Organizer: Economic and Social Research Foundation(ESRF) in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Event Date: 29-11-2016
Venue: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) with the support from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Tanzania are organizing 5th ESRF’s National Conference scheduled to take place on Tuesday 29th November, 2016 at Hyatt Regency, the Kilimanjaro Hotel in Dar es Salaam, from 8:30 am – 17:30pm. The theme of the conference is “Social Policy in the Context of Economic Transformation in Tanzania”.
The conference will be characterized by presentations and discussion of the following 10 background papers prepared for Tanzania Human Development Report 2017.
- Status and progress of human development in Tanzania, By Prof. Haidari Amani, Dr. Tausi Kida & Mr. Danford Sango
- Status and progress of human development in Zanzibar, By Prof. Flora Kessy & Ms. Mashavu Omar
- Population dynamics and social policy By Prof. Alfred Agwanda, Prof. Haidari Amani & Mr. Ahmed Makbel
- Situating social policy in social economic transformation: A conceptual framework By, Prof. Marc Wuyts and Dr. Hazel Gray
- Aid dependency in financing space for social provisioning in Tanzania: A macroeconomic perspective By, Prof. Marc Wuyts, Dr. Tausi Kida and Mr. Desmond Mushi
- Social policy in historical perspective in Tanzania, By Dr. Jehovaness Aikaeli and Prof. Humphrey Moshi
- Social policy, gender and Labour By, Prof. Godius Kahyarara, Prof. Razack Lokina & Dr. Joyce Nyoni
- Health as a productive sector by Prof, Maureen Mackintosh and Dr. Paula Tibandebage
- Social protection: Safety Net or Vehicle for Transformation? By, Dr. Flora Myamba & Dr. Sheshangai Kaniki
- Education foundations of development of skills and productive capacities, By Prof. Suleman Sumra and Dr. Joviter Katabaro
The Guest of Honour during the conference will be Dr. Ashatu Kijaji, Deputy Minister for Finance and Planning. The Economic and Social Research Foundation would like to request members of the general public who will be interested to attend the event to liaise with organizing committee through contact details below: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Ms. Nancy Mgulambwa +255 764 128 748 or +255 22 2926083-90.