- A clear need for structure and effective dialogue between the government and the private sector/CS
- The need for prioritization of interventions/ activities in the plan
- Government must address issues around business environment, especially multiplicity of regulatory bodies (eg. Taxation)
- The need to have an innovative financing strategy
- The need to rethink the role of regional and district authorities in the implementation of plans.
ESRF hosts a National Consultative Workshop on the Role of the Private Sector in the Implementation of the Second Five Year Development Plan (FYDP II).
Ms. Santina Benson - Executive Secretary - CEO Roundtable of Tanzania delivering an official opening remarks
On 27th October, 2016, the Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) in collaboration with the Supporting Economic Transformation Programme at the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) and the Government of Tanzania organized a National Consultative Workshop on the Role of the Private Sector in the Implementation of the Second Five Year Development Plan (FYDP II).
Mr. Maduka Kessy - Deputy Executive Secretary, Planning Commission, Ministry of Finance and Planning making a presentation on the Five Years Development Plan II Implementation
The workshop was held at the ESRF Conference Hall.
Dr.Dirk Williem te Velde from ODI making a presentation on the Principles of effective implementation of the strategy
The workshop aimed at exploring principles of effective implementation strategy by providing stakeholders with an opportunity to provide inputs on the role the private sector should play in the implementation of FYDP II.
Prof Samuel Wangwe giving his remarks during the discussions session
Among key issues raised during the workshop were;
Dr. Tausi Mbaga Kida, Executive director - ESRF giving her remarks during the workshop
The workshop comes at the right time as the Government of Tanzania has started the process of preparing the implementation strategy for the FYDP II.
Hon. Anthony Mtaka, Regional Commissioner - Simiyu making a presentation on how to involve the private sector at regional level: The Case of Simiyu
Last updated on 2016-11-04