- Holder of PhD degree in Economics, Sociology or any other related discipline with a minimum of 10 years experience of research in policy studies. He/she should have attained ten units of publications/consultancy reports of which at least two should have been published in recognized scholarly fora.
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability in coordination and administering research/consultancies.
- Carries out research assignments in both public and private sectors.
- Designs and implements all stages of a project and prepares the final product/report.
- Produces research output of publishable quality.
- Disseminates research results including practical applications and analytical methodologies through seminars, workshops, working papers etc.
- Reviews and evaluate ESRF research implementation performance.
- Guides, mentors, coaches, supervise and co-ordinate junior researchers doing work on the various projects.
- Designs policy options and proposes solutions.
- Develop a habit of reading widely in order to acquire new knowledge, skills and information.
- Participates in dialogue with Government and clients.
- Proposal writing.
- Represent ESRF to local and international fora.
- Publishes research output in local and international journals.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned by his or her seniors from time to time.
Employment Opportunity for the Position of Senior Research Fellow.
The Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) is an independent policy research institution based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. ESRF was established in 1994 to respond to the growing need for a research think tank with a mandate to conduct research for policy analysis and capacity building. The Foundation’s primary objectives are therefore to undertake policy-enhancing research, to strengthen capabilities in policy analysis and decision making, as well as articulate and improve the understanding of policy options in government, the public sector, the donor community, and the growing private sector, and civil society.
The key themes or core research areas at ESRF are compliant to the Tanzania Development Vision 2025, the Five Year Development Plan and East African Community Development Strategies. The themes covered by ESRF are: Inclusive Growth, Employment and Industrialization; Governance and Accountability; Globalisation and Regional Integration; Social Service Delivery and Social Protection; Natural Resources and Environmental Management; and Knowledge Management and Innovation.
The Foundation promotes public understanding of economic and social conditions as well as public policy issues. It carries out policy research, capacity building and promotes dialogue on policy issues by engaging both public and private sector stakeholders through online and offline discussions. It also widely disseminates the results of research and discussions through publications and posting on its websites: http://www.esrftz.org, www.tzonline.org and www.taknet.or.tz.
Given the increased demand to research and articulate various policy and strategic issues, ESRF seeks to recruit experienced, competent, self-motivated and dynamic Tanzanians for the position of SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
Salary: Attractive salary as per ESRF Salary Scheme.
How to apply:
ESRF is an equal opportunity employer. Send your application, a detailed CV, certified copies of your certificates and transcripts, your telephone number, email and three referees with their emails, postal addresses and telephone numbers to:
The Executive Director,
You can also send electronic copies of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should reach the Foundation on or before 25th May, 2016.
Last updated on 2016-05-24